Sunday, December 15, 2013

Farewell

I was in a dark purple dress. I had black tights and black wedges on. The dress was short and I decided to straighten my hair.

You had on a grey sweater. You were wearing a white shirt underneath with a goofy Christmas tie. You gave me butterflies every time we made eye contact.

I wanted to say I love you but you were across the room and for a second I forgot you weren't mine anymore. I forgot about how I couldn't hold your hand and how I couldn't hug you just because I wanted to. Man you looked good.

& I'm always bad at poetry once I'm happy. But you kissed me. First you said I hate you though. You were smiling while you said it and laughing a little. Then you touched me like you used to. Placing your hands in perfect positions and making me remember what it feels like to really love and not just dream. My stomach dropped and I looked at you then looked back down. My forehead was on your chin and you kissed my head and I missed every I love you we ever shared. I was happy again. I couldn't hide my smile, even though I wanted to. I wanted to scream to the world I love you but instead we exchanged I like you's.

I love you Bryce

& this is my way of screaming it to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment