Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hello mister please to meet ya

I want to write you a love letter or a love story where the characters would be us, but instead I'll write you a letter that only reads sadness between the lines. I'll write you my goodbye.


Hey Bubby,



I want you to know I wish you the best, and I hope you get the wife you've always dreamed of. I hope you get to name your son Kyro and your daughter Ana. I want you to hear the words "I love you" everyday for eternity, and maybe even the words "te quiero" every morning. I hope you wake up with a smile on your face and not a knife in your back.


Bryce I hope you know you're going to be a great dad. Teach your kids how to wrestle (and how to twist them like a pretzel.) Remember to teach them to rinse their dishes after they eat because "that just will not do" otherwise.


Let them know about that amazing stat girl you had your senior year, and how her name was Emma. Tell them how you fell in love with her and how you said all the right things at all the wrong times.


I hope you still think about me, because I do. I hope you wonder how I'm doing, and I hope you realize that the answer isn't all that great lately. I hope you miss my body next to yours, and I hope you miss all the random smiles I would get on our car rides.


I just want you to know I wish you the best. I want you to know I smile when I look up at the sky and think of you. I was always so rarrr and you managed to look at me straight in the eyes with the words I love you leaving your mouth.


I love you.


Love,
Emmita


1 comment:

  1. "I hope you wake up with a smile on your face and not a knife in your back."

    This was so powerful. I can't read it without getting goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete