Sunday, February 2, 2014

IOU

Today I thought about you, but that fact isn't any different from yesterday and it won't be any different from tomorrow. But today I saw someone you knew in high school. I started to imagine a life with him. He was your same height and had blue eyes. He was your opposite. You were the color black and he was white. I started to imagine kissing him, and I realized I can see myself with someone else.

But every imagined forehead kiss my eyes would flinch. I compared them to yours. I imagined him squeezing me while he gave me a hug, and again I thought of you. I can find someone else bub, but the truth is I don't want to. I want your hands squeezing mine when we know we shouldn't be laughing. I want your dumb jokes when I am pissed off. I want your forehead kisses and your hugs forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment