Monday, September 24, 2012

Like the dogs have collars

"GO AHEAD AND RELEASE YOUR FEARS"

I'm afraid that in this class I will lose myself,
because I want to be noticed, because I want to be acknowledged.
I'm afraid of trying to be like someone else.
I'm afraid that there will be more days where being "me" isn't good enough.
I'm afraid of one day waking up and having no one there beside me.
I'm afraid of waking up to a world that's been destroyed
      maybe they were all tourists.
 
I'm afraid of becoming a tourist.
I'm afraid that one day I'll reach perfect, and have nothing to strive for.
I'm afraid of perfection. It's the thing that eats my stomach inside.

I'm afraid that after this semester this blog with be nothing more than an online journal that only me, myself, and I will read. Maybe that would be best though; if in the end I will be the only one reading why care about someone's acknowledgements.

I'm afraid that in 2 years my name will already be forgotten.

I'm afraid that all this effort will go to waste.


I'm afraid I have fears like the dogs have collars.
& like the ants have hills.

4 comments:

  1. A lot to love here. Last two lines are gold. I like the ants line especially.

    My favorite line is the one about being forgotten in two years. Is there anything worse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "because i want to be noticed, i want to be acknowledged."

    I get that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm afraid I have fears like the dogs have collars."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe. Some. Stop cheating by being talented.

    Speaking of, does talent die if no one follows it?

    There's no shame in being forgotten if your life is lived on your terms. Glory is personal.

    ReplyDelete