Sunday, September 16, 2012

Love?

Tell me again why love can't exsist while we are young.
Tell me how I never understood what I understand now.

You can't compare my love to your love.
You can't say I didn't really love him when that was all I knew as a kid about the word and emotion.

Love was the feeling you got in your stomach when he looked at you.
Love was knowing you would marry him during recess and hold hands together the rest of the day.
Love was and is different for every age.
Love grows over time.

& don't tell me I can't say I love you
& don't tell me it can't be
Because I'll love you with all I can and that all I can is real.

8 comments:

  1. I'll take "Love grows over time." So true

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that love can't exist while we are young, it's that we try to force love. Love should naturally come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Because I'll love you with all I can and that all I can is real." So true,I love this whole thing. Im going to steal this line:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Love was knowing you would marry him during recess and hold hands together the rest of the day." That line is so cute. I'm stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really good post. Great job! I loved all the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also great - I found myself agreeing, more by virtue of the power of the language (not that you swore, because you'd never do that . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this post. And I agree. I find myself wondering why we can't know what love is too. Sometimes I think Nelson is being a little shortsided.

    ReplyDelete