Sunday, October 13, 2013

"I hope one day you can look at me and say the words I love you and mean it 100%"

I guess I'll stop pretending that I never fell for you.


Because we both know I did. The long car rides to that one song that we both loved on our first date. Take me Higher. The same song we listened to heading back home from Park City. I remember catching you looking at me and you didn't say anything you just pushed my hand on your lips and kissed it. You were driving and you didn't care if you weren't looking at the road because you "could look at that smile forever."
 Then you smiled and it wasn't some cliche smile you give to the camera when the photographer tells you to say cheese, it was one where I thought you felt the same. It's how I fell in love. Through the car rides and having the music playing at volume 30, because you couldn't stand the 1's the 3's or the 7's and 9's. The music wasn't getting louder but it was getting deeper. The words you said was what I wanted forever, but everyone kept telling me it was too soon.

I didn't care. I didn't listen.

I fell in love with you and then you said the words I always wanted to hear.




"Babe. I love you."




& at that moment I couldn't say it back. I waited to let you know, and then we waited to cut it off. I don't regret ever falling for you though. You made me feel like I was on cloud nine. The way you would whistle and just push my hair back. How you would always buy me lemonade because you knew I loved it, I still don't know why I love it so much. I will always love the way you would grab my face when you were about to kiss me. I will always love the ability to say I have kissed in the rain and not the snow this time.
"Do you remember what you said about hating the rain on our first date?"
"No..."
"You said you always hated how it would rain because you had no one to kiss."

Then we were outside and it wasn't pouring but at that moment I didn't care because you kissed me and I knew exactly why you did at that moment.






"What do you love about me?"
"I love that you love me."

3 comments:

  1. Why are those last lines depressing to me?

    Thanks for stalking me and the others. I'm just returning the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you kept blogging. Love this. It's sad, and happy, and real.

    ReplyDelete