Monday, October 21, 2013

They'll tell you "you'll know"

I asked my boss today how she knew she was in love. & she said as cliche as this sounds, when you know. You know. It is when you can't go 5 seconds without them because you want them with you forever.

I didn't know what to say and she looked at me and said Em, you'll know.

But then I thought about it. What if every person thought they knew because in that moment they felt like they wanted each other forever. Only in that moment though, because only later on in life you realize that you were too dumb or too naive to understand. I will convince myself into love. I will tell myself that happiness can exist with anyone. It is something I think I will always believe, so when will I know. When will the heartbreaks stop happening and the life together begin. I don't understand how a person knows what love is when they've never felt heartbreak. How do you know you're in love. Because you got that feeling of I know "I know." You could be wrong. We all could be. I could be happy with him. I could have a fairytale life and to me it would be the happiness I always wanted  because how would I know otherwise?


How would you know that you didn't know because you think you're in love. I thought I was. I told myself I would scream it to the world if I could. I would yell at the top of my lungs that I loved you, but did I? Because everyone keeps telling me that when you question love, you never felt it. But I thought I did. I thought I wanted this forever. I know I wanted it forever.


but

My mind is beginning to ask itself "is love something that people really feel or is it an idea our minds create"




1 comment:

  1. "...everyone keeps telling me that when you question love you never felt it." I love this line. It says so much in just one simple sentence. Thank you for continuing your blog!! and for reading mine!(: Can we meet up when I come home?? I think that would be lovely! let me know.

    -B

    ReplyDelete