Monday, October 15, 2012

Tape for the duct(s)

People decided to change me and make me some sort of fashion trend. They wanted to make me more unique so I let them change me. I let them add some colors and prints. & now I'm not "me," now I hate looking at myself. I hate how I let them do this to me, how I let them tell me all about this word "unique". The word that seems to make me something completely different. I wanted to keep myself, but I couldn't. I let them tell me it's okay to stick some blues and greens here and there. I let them tell me it was okay to change.

But even though I let them change me I can still fix almost anything, except for broken hearts and torn up families. & I still can't fix cancers or shattered mirrors, but I can still feel you touch me with your cold hands. I can still feel you ripping and tearing me apart. I can still hear the things you said about me. & I still want to cause you all the right pains in all the wrongs places. & I'm trying to torture you, but I can't move. The layers and layers on top of me won't let me move. They won't let me see or feel things anymore. & now I'm stuck right where you left me. "Pick me back up." You won't listen.  You made me uninteresting.

6 comments:

  1. I like how you took a different aprroach on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! I read all of your posts and I love reading your approach on different things... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I can still feel you ripping and tearing me apart. I can still hear the things you said about me." stolen
    Funny how this can apply to life, too, and how people can make other people feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "& I still can't fix cancers or shattered mirrors, but I can still feel you touch me with your cold hands. I can still feel you ripping and tearing me apart. "

    I'm obsessed with this. Also the part about cold hands because he has cold hands.

    ESTHER.

    ReplyDelete