Monday, October 29, 2012

The One Word That is Perfect

I have this word that haunts me everyday and has been since I can remember. I know that I will never be able to have it and I know I can never reach it, but I still keep trying to grab it by the neck and make sure I've got it. I keep trying to prove people wrong; I keep trying to reach for the sky with only a step ladder.

I try and tell myself nothing is impossible but that is just a lie they taught us when we were young. They told us to dream to the moon and back, but I wanted to dream to Jupiter. They taught me that I could be anything, but they were lying. The school teachers were lying. None of us in this class, in this school are ever going to reach it. None of us will ever be
perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I keep trying to reach for the sky with only a step ladder.


    love this.

    ReplyDelete